I try to encourage our son to be outdoors a lot so I don’t say no when my son asks me to come with him outside on an early Saturday morning. We both get out and move. In addition, I get to move with extra […]
This post is an extension of my post THE MISSING LINK from last week, where I talk about how to reconnect with nature and rewilding your modern family for great energy, sparkling eyes and a vitality that lasts all day.
RECONNECT WITH THE NATURAL DAILY RHYTHM AND SEASONAL CHANGES.
Connecting with nature isn’t only for hippies 🙂 Study after study shows how people recover quicker when they spend time and interact with nature. Being in contact with nature doesn’t only benefit sick people but everybody. It increases their sense of well-being and reduces stress.
Make it a habit to observe the daily and seasonal changes every day and reconnect with the outdoor environment. It doesn’t take much to look outside when you’re brushing your teeth, taking a break at work, stopping at the red lights, using public transport or getting ready for bed.
- Where is the sun in the sky?
- When does the sun rise and set?
- Do you know the species of the birds you see or hear?
- Can you see the moon during the day?
- Is the the moon full, waxing or waning?
- Where is the moon in the night’s sky?
- Do you recognise any stars or constellations in the night’s sky?
Today the moon has reached it’s first quarter. Tonight, I encourage you to go outside or look out the window. Can you see the moon or is it overcast? Do you see it in the northern, eastern, southern or western night’s sky?
GET SUNLIGHT ON YOUR SKIN, IN YOUR EYES AND GET GROUNDED.
It can be hard to find time during our busy day to spend time outdoors but it’s not impossible and you can start with small and easy changes to your routines and habits. Where can you make a few changes so you can spend more time outdoors?
- Get off one stop before your normal stop and walk the extra distance
- Park further away and walk the extra distance.
- Take breaks outside when possible.
- Eat your lunch in the local park.
- Pee in your garden 😃
Other posts will be coming up covering how to;
- Eat more organic and heirloom local produce.
- Invite the outdoors inside.
- Align you sleep-wake cycle with the natural rhythm.
If you like this post, I would be so grateful if you would share it with your friends and family.