Smoothie bowl with watermelon. Topped with homemade grain and gluten free granola. The ingredients this summer morning was banana, watermelon, frozen black currants, green powder, collagen protein powder and leftover cooked and cooled quinoa. Remember not to through out the watermelon rind. You can easily […]
I love making my own fruit gummies and these watermelon gummies are my favourite at the moment. If you add rosewater and vanilla bean powder it becomes extra decadent.
It’s such a healthy and delicious snack and you can easily bring them with you to the park or playground for the kids to snack on 😃
Grass-fed beef gelatine improves skin and hair, repairs joints, helps leaky gut, boost metabolism, strengthen teeth and nails, helps detox, and reduces cellulite. You can also check out my Peach Gummie Cubes recipe.
Another great thing is that you can make FERMENTED WATERMELON RIND and create a gut-loving side dish plus reduce your waste.
- Note that it’s important to have all ingredients ready before beginning as you’ll need to work quickly once you start.
- Puree watermelon and put aside.
- Boil 1 cup water.
- Place 1 cup watermelon in a thermomix, food processor or whisk by hand.
- Add 10 tablespoon of gelatin powder and spin/whisk quickly to create a paste.
- Quickly add the 1 cup boiling water and spin/whisk briskly.
- This should form a thick but stirable liquid.
- Add the honey or maple syrup, rose water and vanilla bean powder and spin.
- Add the rest of the watermelon puree and spin well
- Very quickly pour the mixture in to molds or a greased glass baking dish or other greased dish and allow to cool in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Store in fridge in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
If you like this post, I would be so grateful if you would share it with your friends and family.